Mosquitoes can be very irritating. Not only do they sting you and leave itchy red bumps, they can also spread deadly diseases through their sting. And of course, who likes to be surrounded by mosquitoes. Now when it comes to dealing with mosquitoes, there are a number of different options you have. Namely – there is prevention, mosquito killers and different types of mosquito repellent that you can try out. And today we’ll be looking into each of these factors.
Mosquitoes are almost inevitable – they will be present. But there are some simple ways to ensure that they do not affect you. Firstly, mosquitoes will usually always lay eggs in stagnant dirty water. And from this mosquito larvae form, and new mosquitoes are born. So if you have any stagnant water in your home – this could mean that your home is being used as a breeding ground by them. So always empty out all stagnant water – or at least keep them tightly covered.
On the other hand, using protective items can also be beneficial. For instance, many people install mosquito safe nets on all windows and doors. These keep the mosquitoes out. Also, you may choose to use mosquito nets over your bed at night, to protect yourself. Remember that mosquitoes come out to hunt mainly after dark – so try and avoid mosquito infested places once darkness sets in.
Besides prevention, these are the other methods…
These are usually poisonous substances, and most often come in the form of sprays. Wherever you see mosquitoes, spraying this in their general direction may result in most of them dying, and possibly scattering on the floor. But since they are airborne, this may not always be a sure shot way to kill all of them.
A much more effective and common method to tackle mosquitoes is the use of mosquito repellents. And today we’re taking a look at the two major types of those…
Organic natural mosquito repellent
Organic repellents, as the name suggests, are organic compounds that help to either keep away or quell mosquito populations. However, the thing to note is that these substances aren’t poisonous, and can therefore not kill adult mosquitoes. But on the brighter side, being natural and non-poisonous, their use doesn’t pose health risks to you!
These are usually natural compounds, and they can be used in a variety of ways. Just to explain a few…
- Firstly, these can be in the form of creams you use, or other material you carry with you that contain potent natural substances or are coated with them. The substance in question gives off a very strong smell – something that is much stronger for the mosquitoes than it is for us. This smell acts as the repellent and keeps the irritating insects away from you.
- The other way is the use of natural and organic substances that can kill the larvae at least, taking care of the population in the breeding stage itself. For this you usually get pellets, or other water soluble substances. These are best to use for people who already have stagnant water in their home. Instead of throwing out the water, drop some of these substances into it. It’ll dissolve in the water and kill the mosquito larvae!
Electronic mosquito repellent
You must be wondering exactly what this is all about and how it works. Well, these are special devices that emit an ultrasonic sound. This sound is highly disturbing for mosquitoes and other insects and they usually stay away from the source. And that results in the mosquitoes being repelled.
Mosquitoes can be a big nuisance – more so for those who have a mild allergic reaction to mosquito bites. And when there is the fear of contracting diseases from the bite of these little airborne insects, the best option would always be to stay away from them. So make the best use of the different types of mosquito repellent – and keep those pestering insects at bay!
Incoming search terms:
- types of mosquito repellent (2)
- different kinds of mosquito repellent (1)
- mosquito repellent types (1)
- types nd uses of repellent (1)